The dedicated team at Del Arroyo is committed to providing you with ongoing care after inpatient residential treatment, because we know the real work begins when you get home.
We believe building community is key for long-term sobriety. It’s why we emphasize aftercare at our Agoura Hills rehabilitation center. Our team will create a personalized relapse prevention plan tailored to your specific needs and goals. And we’ll connect you to a community of supportive peers.
We know how scary relapse can be for people struggling with substance use disorders. It can feel as if cravings are impossible to control and temptation is around every corner.
But it’s important to know that millions of people who have struggled with addiction have gone on to achieve long-term sobriety, even after a relapse. You can, too. We can help.
Why Relapse Prevention Is So Important
A well-designed relapse prevention plan is vital for long-term recovery. It’s why we’ve made it a core part of our addiction recovery programs.
The conditions for alcohol relapse and drug relapse are not mysterious—in fact, they are observable and preventable. There are almost always clear physical, mental, and emotional signs.
The team at Del Arroyo will help you learn these signs, identify your relapse triggers, and empower you with the coping skills and relapse prevention exercises you need for success.
Key Elements of a Relapse Prevention Plan
Each person is different and will find some strategies more helpful than others. But, in general, here are common elements of relapse prevention:
- Identifying high-risk situations and triggers – This may include people, places, or events you associate with past substance abuse.
- Developing coping strategies – Learning how to manage stress, anxiety, and negative emotions is vital for preventing relapse.
- Building a support system – Research shows that having a strong community of supportive peers in recovery can help keep you active, engaged, and accountable.
- Creating a healthy lifestyle – A balanced diet, regular exercise, good sleep, and connection with nature will keep you feeling your best, so you can focus on staying well.
- Aftercare – Some people need a higher level of support after treatment. Sober living, individual therapy sessions, relapse prevention groups, and other activities can help you manage the transition between residential treatment and life at home.
Our team will work closely with you during treatment to create a discharge plan that includes a comprehensive aftercare program.
It’s vital to identify triggers or situations that may lead to relapse and develop a plan to help you cope with those triggers. We use proven relapse prevention techniques to help you avoid falling back into old patterns.
Relapse Prevention at Del Arroyo Recovery Center
The team at Del Arroyo takes a comprehensive approach to addiction treatment and relapse prevention. We offer different levels of care, based on your needs, which may include:
- Mental health care – Stabilizing mental health conditions is critical to the addiction recovery process. Del Arroyo offers dual diagnosis care for anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other mental health concerns. We also offer medication management as part of our addiction treatment program
- Individual, group, and family therapy – During counseling sessions at our Southern California addiction treatment center, our addiction therapists use a variety of evidence-based therapeutic tools, including cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, motivational interviewing, and others.
- Alumni program – Del Arroyo’s active alumni program connects you to group activities, service opportunities, 12-step meetings, and fun events with supportive peers. We know how life-changing it is to have ongoing support in addiction recovery.
Get Help at Del Arroyo Recovery Center
Get in touch today at 877-535-0636 to learn more about our drug treatment programs and personalized relapse prevention plans. We offer residential programs and partial hospitalization programs at our private, six-bed addiction treatment center in Agoura Hills, CA.
Long-term recovery is possible with the right help. We’re here for you.
Ready to take the first step?
Lasting recovery is possible. Contact us today.