If you’re struggling with addiction and have committed to getting help, you’ve already taken the important first step. You probably have a lot of questions about what to expect, and you might be wondering what to bring with you to our residential treatment center.
Like all treatment centers, Del Arroyo Recovery Center has rules about what clients can and cannot bring to treatment. These rules are designed to keep you and your peers in recovery safe and focused on treatment.
What Should I Bring with Me to Treatment?
When you arrive at our addiction treatment center, our team will greet you and begin the admissions process, including inspecting your bags for any prohibited items.
We may also catalog what you bring to ensure you don’t leave anything behind once you’ve completed treatment.
Here is a general list of what to bring to rehab:
- A list of people (loved ones, healthcare professionals, 12-step sponsors, etc.) you wish to have involved in your treatment
- Any current prescription medications you are taking in the original pharmacy bottle
- A small amount of cash for food/snacks and other incidentals on field trips, etc.
- A credit card or checkbook to pay for treatment medications
- A notebook or journal
- Photos of your loved ones to keep in your room (optional)
You should bring comfortable, weather-appropriate outfits for the duration of your stay. The summers in Agoura Hills are hot and dry, and the winters are cool and somewhat rainy. Nighttime temperatures in the winter can get into the low 40s, so be sure to bring a warm jacket (such as a puffer).
Please do not bring any clothing with inappropriate messages/symbols. We have laundry facilities, so clothing for 1-2 weeks should be enough.
Here’s what we recommend:
- Casual clothing for indoor and outdoor activities
- Weather specific items, such as a raincoat or sunhat
- Bathing suit for the pool/spa and beach trips
- Sleepwear and slippers for relaxing
- Sneakers or hiking boots for walking, hiking, and other outdoor activities
- Sandals or flip-flops for relaxing indoors/outdoors
Personal Care/Hygiene Products
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, soap, and deodorant; mouthwash and all other items must be alcohol free
- Hairbrush/comb and any preferred hair styling tools
- Shaving kit and other grooming supplies
- Feminine hygiene products
- Laundry supplies (especially if you are sensitive to fragrances)
Medications and Prescriptions
- Any prescribed medications in their original packaging (the rehab team will hold onto your medications and provide them based on your prescription)
- A list of all current medications, including dosage and frequency
- Written instructions from your healthcare provider regarding medication administration
Identification and Insurance
- Photo identification (driver’s license, passport, or ID card)
- Health insurance cards and relevant documents
- Important contact information, such as phone numbers and addresses of family members, close friends, and primary healthcare providers
- Books or materials for inspiration, motivation, and support
- Small comfort items, such as a stuffed animal or family photos, to provide emotional support during challenging times
- Notebooks or journals for personal reflection and therapy sessions
Some items, like laptops, cell phones, cameras, cigarettes, vitamins, and personal bedding will be allowed on a case-by-case basis. If you have special needs or requests, reach out to our admissions team.
What NOT to Bring to Rehab
Our number one priority is to keep our clients safe. And while you might find some of these items (such as games) surprising, keep in mind that our mission is to help you focus on recovery.
To create a safe and distraction-free environment, please do not bring any of the following items with you to rehab.
- Drugs and alcohol
- Prohibited prescriptions (ask our team what is prohibited)
- Unapproved or previously opened over-the-counter medications (ask our team what is prohibited)
- Food/drinks (we will provide all food and drinks for you)
- Cigarettes and e-cigs
- Weapons or sharp objects (such as guns, scissors, or Swiss army knives)
- Valuables (such as jewelry)
- Electronics and games (laptops, iPads, gaming consoles, televisions, playing cards, etc.)
- Cleaning supplies
- Candles, incense, or other flammable items
Frequently Asked Questions
We encourage healthy family involvement in the treatment process. If your family members are supportive of your decision to get treatment and are committed to helping you get well, regular check-ins with family members are allowed and encouraged. We also encourage family therapy as part of the treatment process.
We will hold onto any prohibited items while you’re receiving care and return them to you at the end of treatment.
Our on-site nutrition team will ensure you get all your dietary needs met. You do not need to bring food or beverages to rehab. If you have food allergies, our chef will ensure your meals are prepared separately.
Yes, but it will be subject to inspection. If you forget laundry detergent, our team can help you get your preferred brand/items.
We know pets are members of the family and understand that it’s hard to be separated. However, to ensure everyone’s comfort and safety, we cannot allow pets at our rehab facility. Our admissions team can help you make arrangements for your pet’s care while you’re in treatment.
Del Arroyo is a private, six-bed luxury rehab facility. Most of our rooms are two-person shared spaces, but we can accommodate those who wish to have a private room. Ask the admissions team for details.
Get Help Today
Del Arroyo’s luxury treatment center in Southern California is conveniently located for people in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. We offer medical, evidence-based inpatient residential treatment for drug and alcohol addiction.
Learn about our amenities and get in touch for a tour of our rehab center in beautiful Agoura Hills, CA.
Ready to take the first step?
Del Arroyo Recovery Center is ready to help you take that vital first step toward long-term recovery.
Contact us today to learn more about our treatment programs and for a tour of our residential rehab in Agoura Hills. Our six-bed residential treatment center features luxury amenities in a home-like atmosphere where you can focus on healing. Sign up for our drug and alcohol rehab today.